Main purpose of the job
The SpaceStation is looking for someone who has an enquiring mind and is solutions driven to head up the advertising technology team.
- Own the responsibility for the management and integrity of ad tags and the ad tag landscape
- Vendor/Partner evaluation, selection and configuration, management and establishing engagement processes ie
- Analyze the business requirement
- Compile a list of possible vendors
- Select vendors to request more info from
- Compile an RFI
- Evaluate responses
- Create a shortlist
- Evaluate solutions/services
- Test solutions/services
- Select Vendor
- Contract Negotiations
- Manage configuration relationships with external vendors/partners (DSP’s, DMP’s, verification vendors, rich media companies, etc.) through continuous engagement with partners around their product/service wrt updates/enhancements, continuous business strategy alignment, development/integrations, requests, support, escalations and price negotiations.
- Liaise with the Product team during the development of new features and products to ensure advertising products are rolled out and configured timeously and to a high standard.
- Act as the liaison in the cross functional development of new internal products
- Systems and process configuration development to improve operational efficiency through operational oversight of the business and/or business requirements/gaps and the potential to overlay tech requirements/enhancement to either refine existing processes/systems or find new solutions – the key to streamline overall productivity.
- Develop scope, timeline, and budget plans as part of planning based on strategic alignment on 24.com ecosystem, tech, multi-channel campaign initiatives etc.
- Design, implement and operationalize best practice guidelines for configuring and delivering solutions ie how/what should go into quality assurance, project mandates to initiate projects, project stories to brief into Product.
- Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes.
- Motivate and positively engage staff and management in ways that build trust and enthusiasm.
- Drive implementation of configuration processes and tools to estimate, prioritize and track projects. This includes documenting key risks and mitigation planning.
- Provide insight, strategy, direction and support regarding Inventory Management, Tagging infrastructure etc.
Skills and competencies
A well-rounded knowledge of the digital advertising technology landscape.
Exceptional organizational, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Team player able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work under pressure and on multiple projects simultaneously
Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel.
Qualifications and experience
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Tracking, Tagging and/or Integration in five or more of the following:
Display Advertising (Sizmek, Atlas, DCM, DFP Premium, Facebook)
Rich Media Vendors (Celtra, DBCLK Studio)
Video Players (JW Player, Kaltura, Brightcove)
Programmatic (RTB, Direct, DSP, SSP)
Experience working on mobile web and app products.
Leadership skills in a digital environment.
A relevant university degree or diploma.