BrandStudio.24, 24.com’s content agency is looking for a video, designer content producer maverick.
Are you a multi-talented visual storyteller?
- Are you comfortable telling stories through filming, mobile, animation design or imagery?
- Can you capture and edit a video as easily on mobile as on a Sony α7 III?
- Can you create a storyboard and visual board for a client pitch?
- Can you create accompanying visual and video creative to promote the story, including social media gif’s images and teaser videos and eye-catching imagery for story main images or website headers?
- Are you able to work as an individual within a team environment?
- And do you know and live for online offerings and visually beautiful web design and story-telling?
- Can you keep to deadlines and work to a brief while still maintaining a creative flair?
- If this is you, we have an exciting offer for you to join Media24’s digital division’s BrandStudio.24.
This commercial content agency works with clients to create innovative and custom content storytelling solutions. We’re the team behind the recent Anthem Project on News24, A seat at the table on W24 and Sabbatical on Business Insider SA.
BrandStudio.24 works across the 24.com channels and works with a variety of clients and brands – each day can bring something completely new! In addition, the videographer /designer will gain invaluable conceptual design experience and client pitches and proposals.
Create unique content (infographics; stories, pictures, video pieces) in line with the content strategy for stations that deepens and extends the listening relationship.
On a day-to-basis you'll be expected to jump into all manner of video and design projects:
- Shooting and editing quick mobile/ social video
- Filming and editing short stories created for online viewing
- Must be willing and able to work to client briefs and make edits and changes as clients require
- Creating short graphic designed animated videos / video graphic design
- Think on your feet and adapt to filming locations and on-camera talent to get the best story
- Visualise and storyboard a film shoot to help clients envision their video project
- Help to create accompanying creative to video publishing – social media posts, gifs, images, and more
- Experience in design of responsive layouts
- Creation of digital design assets for our web, mobile apps and social media platforms
- Understanding and experience in front end web design
- Design vector illustrations for characters, icons, animations
- Ensure design is in line with user experience, usability and best practice
- Work within a team, collaborating to continuously improve the brand and user experience
- Working on paid campaigns
- Image sourcing/creation relevant to brief/story
Skills and competencies
In addition to being adaptable to change, a team player and willing to help when and wherever you can, you'll need the following skills:
- A cool head under pressure
- Excellent shooting ability with different camera equipment
- A mastery of recording audio
- A whizz at Adobe Premiere Pro (being able to work in After Effects or similar motion graphics software)
- Presentable and professional in front of clients and in representing the company on locations
- An eye for new, innovative video software that can improve our workflow
Knowledge of these software packages and languages is imperative:
- Adobe editing suite
- Online video editors
Qualifications and experience
- To be considered for the position you must have a relevant experience and a showreel of your work.
Why you want to work with us:
- Best beans in town from our in-house barista
- Secure parking
- Casual and creative working environment
- Full company benefits
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.