Digital advertising (web, mobile, email, app's) sales; Responsible and accountable for managing the relationship, advertising activities and revenue inflow from advertising clients and advertising agencies across The Space Staion's portfolio of digital publications.
Skills & Competencies:
- The ability to create and maintain good relationships with client accounts,
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Able to work under pressure and adhering to deadlines,
- Must be confident with the ability to self-manage activities yet able to work closely with a team,
- Able to identify and realise revenue opportunities related to online advertising,
- Attention to detail,
- Ability to meet deadlines,
- Ability to take the initiative,
- Must be able to balance creative and business approach,
- Must be passionate about digital advertising and marketing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively manage the commercial relationship between The Space Station and client accounts within your portfolio,
- Maximise revenue inflow from these client accounts,
- Attain monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets related to your client portfolio,
- Actively identify and pursue new advertising accounts,
- Maximise revenue inflows across all digital publications within the SpaceStation portfolio from your client account portfolio,
- Conceptualise, verbalise, document, test, propose and present new digital revenue generating opportunities in consultation with Business Development Mangers & Adops, to clients within your client account portfolio,
- Use web analytics tools to analyse site traffic and user demographics in support of online campaign proposals and client presentations.
- Matric + Marketing/Sales/communication or related tertiary qualification a prerequisite,
- At least 2 years experience in digital advertising sales,
- Negotiation/Sales/presentation skills,
- Fully end-user computer literate (Microsoft suite),
- Strong references from previous employers and clients required.
Media24 is a leading media company in Africa with interests in digital media, newspapers, magazines, printing, distribution, book publishing, job classifieds and ecommerce. Media24’s digital media division, 24.com, is a leading African network of popular digital publishing brands and online services across internet, mobile and applications. 24.com is dedicated to creating and sustaining uniquely African online and mobile communities. As South Africa’s largest digital publishing house, the network welcomes over 16 million local unique browsers monthly. Media24 is part of Naspers, a multinational group of media and ecommerce platforms.
Disclaimer: Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.